Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pricing Strategies

What your Pricing Strategies say About you as a Freelance Designer
In this article Preston Lee explores what your freelance prices can say about you.  I know that this is something I constantly struggle with and thought you might also struggle with this as well.  Lee concentrates on what a high price and what a low price says about you as a freelance designer.  I think I am more on the lower priced side of things.  I seem to always charge too little for the amount of work the client wants completed.

Lee says that charging too much for a simple project can make you appear cocky and/or inexperienced.  "Having a ridiculously high pricing strategy doesn’t make you look like more professional, it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re talking about."

On the flip side of things charging too little for projects can make you seem like you do not have much to offer or you do not spend much time on the work.  I think I need to pay special attention to this because I always end up spending more time than I originally anticipated on projects doing revisions and making final decisions.  Coming off as not having much to offer is also another point I need to steer clear of .  Lee says,  "You don’t bring very much value to a client/designer relationship and you don’t really know why anyone would even pay you at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment