Monday, February 4, 2013

4 Major Website Problems that are costing you

4 Major Website Problems That are Costing you Clients

In this article Preston Lee explores some major reasons why your website may be costing you clients instead of getting you clients.  He touches on four main reasons why this may be happening including; No call to action, Mediocre "About" page, Limited contact methods, and a Mobile unfriendly site.  Lee makes some great points in the article that made me take a closer look at my site. 
Going through my site I looked for a call to action first.  I have a contact section but immediately it should say "Contact Me".  Only after the initial click do you come to a section called, "Let's Get in Touch!".  I think adding something a bit more direct could help me gain clients faster and more efficiently. 
The next thing I looked at was the "About Me" page on my site.  Lee says, "One of the easiest ways to capture potential clients through your web site is to beef up your “about” page."  He suggests taking a more objective approach and talking about what you can offer instead of what you have been doing.  Instead of saying, "I am a web designer" you should say, "I have been making websites for over 10 years" or "Giving website to small businesses for 10 years."  This is something I can definitely work on.  I talk a lot about myself where I can talk more about what I can do for you as a client.
My contact methods seem to be in good standing according to Lee's guidelines.  I have a contact form as well as links to three different social media sites.  My facebook page, twitter, and linkedin page can all be accessed from my site.  I have also included a link to this blog in my "About" section.  I think I am doing well in this area.
The last thing that Lee takes an important look at is having a mobile friendly site.  To be honest, I wasn't sure if my site even played in my mobile browsers web, so I checked it out.  It does!
Overall I would say that I need to beef up my "About" section and add a more aggressive call to action and I will be in good shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment